This one time at band camp...I was having one of those "the only way I'm every going to get to sleep is with a bullet" nights and flipping through 900 channels of nothing I found myself enthralled by an infomercial for Dermacia cosmetics. Makeup that stays flawless even in water?!? *squeal* I thought I had found the holy grail! So I placed my order and 7-10 days later I received what I thought was the makeup I had been waiting for all my life.
( here's where the sad music starts playing like on a very special episode of The Brady Bunch where Cindy finds out that there really is no Santa Claus)
I started this blog because I wanted o give honest reviews about products out there that I have actually tried. Although I wish I could say that I love everything, there are those products that are so disappointing they get the eye roll they deserve before they are thrown under the sink to live in shame.
OK so here's the poop...Is it really all that bad? I'll give it a meh.
First of all it looks so nice and creamy when it comes out of the bottle but good luck trying to smooth the foundation all over your face. I don't know if there is some sort of weird chemical reaction when it touches skin but as soon as you apply it to your face it turns in to what I can only describe as "putty". It is suggested that you first apply the face lotion that they provide but that too evaporates as soon as it comes in contact with skin. On the infomercial they show women with horrible skin conditions such as severe rosatia, scaring, acne etc...whose complexions became instantly flawless with the application of Dermacia. My skin is far from perfect, but it's not THAT bad and I was annoyed when I found that Dermacia couldn't even cover a tiny little blemish.
So I contacted customer service to tell them of my woes and they suggested that I try applying the product in LAYERS! Are you kidding me?
So, being the optimist, I tired it and it was like I had covered my face in cake icing. The feel was so heavy and uncomfortable I washed it off after 15 minutes.
Sorry Dermacia but you get the pout!
**EDIT** Oh yeah it really is waterproof, good luck trying to wash it off sucka' !


0 Response to "Dermacia is a Derma don't"
Post a Comment